Author Topic: The Slaughtered Lamb

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #510 on: December 13, 2023 »

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2023 »
I once made an exploding cigar for Einstein, but he smoked pipes. He regifted it to Feyman, who sensed a practical joke in the works but was a good sport and lit up anyway. Pauli snatched it from his mouth and threw it out the window, where Oppenheimer was chatting with General Groves. It landed on Groves's hat. The quick-thinking Oppie grabbed the hat off his head – a severe breach of protocol regardless of the situation – and was just about to stomp on when it POPPED, ruining the hat. They docked my pay for that, which caused a bitter row with Laura on the home front, let me tell you.

Those were crazy times.

I hate to be that guy, but Pauli wasn't there.

Actually I was. Wolfgang Panofsky lent me his security pass and hat. All Wolfgangs looked alike to the guards.

I once had lunch with him and Wolfgang Paul, hoping to get an unforgettable anecdote out of it. Alas, all that happened was an argument over who should leave the tip. In the kerfuffle we ended up inadvertently stiffing the waitress.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #512 on: December 17, 2023 »
The only mystery is why it took me so long to find this place. It would make a fine setting for my next book, Wimsey Rides Again, wherein a Tail End Charlie meets his final end in a pub.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2023 »

No faster way to attract cockroaches.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #514 on: January 06, 2024 »
[graffiti found in the toilet]
Give a fuck: rake muck

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #515 on: January 09, 2024 »
Here for the garden party.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #516 on: January 10, 2024 »
It's ch-ch-ch-ch-chilly out.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #517 on: January 11, 2024 »
I have nothing to offer about gardens or parties, but you don't know cold until you've been blanked by a sherpa because you forgot his birthday.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #518 on: February 06, 2024 »
I'm actually a big fan of gnomes.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #519 on: February 09, 2024 »
Me too! Tolstoy kept stealing my best ones, the bounder.